Wednesday, July 25, 2012

10lbs lost ~Watermelon

Hi, Beauties

Today I want to share with you how I lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks eating watermelons. It is now watermelon season and I love to eat watermelons because they are sweet and they fill me up.

Watermelon is said to have the most nutrition per calorie of common foods. They are actually the most clean of non organic fruits and vegetables.


Advantages
Eating your fruits is an important part of any well-balanced diet, but watermelon in particular has so much to offer. Watermelon nutrition facts show us that one wedge has 86 calories, less than 1 gram of fat, no cholesterol and less than 1% of your daily value of sodium.


But watermelon does provide you with 22 grams of carbs, 2 grams of protein and 5% of your daily value of fiber, a healthy recipe for fat burning and weight loss. With 18 grams of sugar, watermelon is a great way to curb a sugar craving.


Watermelon nutrition facts reveal this fruit as a jack of all trades; providing healthy amounts of virtually all essential vitamins and minerals. Vitamins A and C are available in high quantities in just 1 wedge of watermelon, providing 33 and 39% of your daily value. Vitamin B6, pantothenic acid and thiamin are also provided in significant amounts.


Aside from sodium, one wedge of watermelon can give you at least 2% of your daily value of all minerals. Potassium, magnesium and manganese are provided in the highest amounts, with other minerals in much smaller amounts.
http://www.fatburningfurnace.com/blog/watermelon-nutrition-facts-–-health-benefits-of-watermelon




I'm big on fruit, not because they are good for me but because they are sweet. Everyone in my home has their own taste so I buy them their choice of cakes and pies but I don't do that for myself I just buy fruit.

 
I keep a log of my weight and moods in an app called My days on my IPhone. On July11,2012 I clocked in at 225. (Yes I have no problem discussing my weight) now on July25,2012 I clocked in at 215. And I was like WOW!!!! I'm getting fine again, Lol

The ONLY difference in my unhealthy eating habits is that I've been eating a lot of watermelon. 1 watermelon lasts me a week which is 5 days more than any other fruit I've eaten, Lol. I eat it about 3 times a day, each time I eat a bowl full or until I feel a little full. I eat it whenever I get a craving for cookies or cake also. Now by all means I'm not on a diet this just happened and I realized the change 2 weeks later.

Other Advantages
  1. Taste good
  2. Low in calories because it is mostly water
  3. Good source of Vitamin C which is a major antioxidant
  4. High Beta Carotene concentration offering a fair amount of Vitamin A which supports good eyesight and prevents glaucoma.
  5. High intakes of combined beta-carotene and vitamin C have demonstrated, through clinical and scientific studies, a propensity for warding off various cancers and heart disease, reducing arthritis symptoms, and minimizing asthmatic breathing problems.
  6. A surprise nutrient is vitamin B, especially B1 (thiamine) and B6 (pyridoxine). Thiamine is important for maintaining electrolytes and nervous system signal transmissions throughout the body
  7. Pyridoxine is essential for enzymatic functions that convert food into cellular energy
  8.  It's also good for adding magnesium back into our body. Lack of magnesium causes irritability, tension, sleep disorders, muscular cramping then eventually heart attacks.
  9.  It adds potassium which is good cardiovascular health, brain health and helps the kidneys eliminate kidney stones. Lycopene an antioxidant lauded for its ability to greatly minimize cancer.
http://www.naturalnews.com/029157_watermelon_nutrition.html





I've been plus size for 5 years now and although I love the skin I'm in there's nothing wrong with getting in shape or shedding pounds.


2 comments: